Monday, August 24, 2009

Small update, but an update nonetheless


First, thank you everyone for your wonderful thoughts and prayers for Sam. I told him today how many people were pulling for him and wanting him to fight. He just wanted to know how many cookies a day having cancer gets you. Turns out, 3 plus whatever Grandma gives him during the day.


I spoke with the oncologist office today and was pretty impressed. (http://www.vetcancercare.com/) He has an appointment on Monday (August 31) for his initial exam. The receptionist was very nice, called me by name and told me what to expect. The oncologist (Dr. Kelly) will take blood, look at the X-rays and just generally do a thorough exam. We will talk about what to expect and how to approach Sam's illness. They customize treatments for each individual animal, which I think is great.


In other news, Grant and I before Sam got sick started looking for a second beagle. We started at the New Mexico Beagle Rescue (http://www.newmexicobeaglerescue.org/) and found a few we are interested in. We decided to continue with the adoption process since there are SO many beagles out there that need a home AND we know that sometimes a younger dog can give an older dog a new lease on life. Which, of course, we are hoping for. Today Grant found one at the Valencia County Shelter that looks promising. He left a message for them today and will try again tomorrow. Wish us luck!!!!!


Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers -- I need all the moral support (and Valium!) I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment