Friday, May 29, 2009

Insomnia

I always have insomnia before I do something exciting. This seems to double when exciting is coupled with new. Therefore, I expect tonight to be tripled, since we are adding BIG.

Tomorrow, G and I start (and hopefully finish!) moving into our new house. Big, new and exciting! I am not going to sleep a wink tonight!

So I thought I would write a little catch-you-up blog.

The wedding was perfect. After throwing the smack-down on the owner of the B&B a couple times, everything went just as I had imagined and planned. The tables were perfect, the music was perfect, I looked STUNNING (hey, I did) and everything went as planned. Except for Melanie (http://thereisnofairysection.blogspot.com/2009/05/week-of-firsts-or-hoochie-dancing-is.html for that story). But that was at the end of the party. And now she has a good story and better drugs.

I loved the wedding . I just can't get over how wonderful it was to see most of our friends and family together. I even had family come in from Connecticut -- that was the best present we got. I miss them so much so having them at the wedding was a great treat. Now Chris and Debbie just need to set a date so I can return the favor!!!!!

After the wedding it was on to Puerto Rico! G took his Xanex like a good boy and was a dream to fly with. The last flight we took together I told him he had to get something or I would be the only one going to all the fun places -- he could only travel to places we could drive to. Funny thing about PR -- no bridge to get you there! So Mindy gave him the happy pills!

PR was AMAZING. I ate my way through San Juan though, so back to the gym next week! Mofongo is to DIE for -- mashed plantains made into a bowl that holds seafood? Sign me up! Oh, and to wash it down? Why, pina coladas of course! We also took a zip line through the canopy of a rain forest -- that was amazing. It was like being a bird and flying through the forest. I loved it -- G thought he was going to hate it but ended up having a great time!!!!

Aside from that, shopping and sightseeing were the main focus -- no sales tax made me happy and a trip to the Bacardi plant made us BOTH happy! (We now have enough rum to keep a small army VERY happy.)

I will be posting pictures as soon as I unpack the camera ...

And now, tomorrow, we are moving into our own home. OUR OWN HOME!!!!! Can you believe it? It does not quite seem real. G has spent the week dog-proofing the fence and I have been packing the house. I am sure it will all sink in tomorrow at this time as I unpack every single box. I don't know what it is -- I have to unpack as soon as I move. I can't stand having boxes that are not unpacked! Although some will have to stay packed until I find someone that wants all my old stuff (wedding presents ROCK!). It is so exciting to think that we will be paying our own mortgage from now on instead of lining someone else's pockets. I have rented since I got out of college, and now I get to live in my own house. It is overwhelmingly exciting!!!!!!!

So exciting that, although I am headed to bed, I am sure I will be designing schemes for each room all night instead of sleeping! Anyone up for painting???

No comments:

Post a Comment