Saturday, April 4, 2009

What? It's April? When did that happen??????

I woke up this morning, grabbed my blanket and headed into my office to check my email, fill out some paperwork and just generally enjoy my quiet time whil G sleeps in. As with most brides-to-be, I am a card-carrying member of theknot.com. What is that, you might ask. It is EVIL!!!!!! It is a site that purports to "help" you plan your wedding with photos of gowns you can only wear if you are a size -0, cakes that are taller than you and cost more than your HOUSE and a checklist that details everything you need to do leading up to the big day.

Oh, you might say, a checklist. That sounds very helpful. That must take a lot of stress out of the plannins since they have it right there for you. Great! HA!!!! That is what I thought too! Actaully, the checklist is the DEVIL!!!!!! THE DEVIL!!!! SATAN!!!! LUCIFER!!!!! Whatever you would like to call that particular entity, that checklist is IT!!!!!

See, the checklist is set up so it shows you the tasks you have to do for the up-coming month. To theknot, a month is from the date you are looking at it to that same date a month from now. And somewhere in its little coding brain, it has a timer. A TIMER. So that it can tell you what you are late getting done. And when it finds that, it puts an exclamation point next to it. So if you have not done several things it thinks you should have, you end up with a whole little column of them! It is AWFUL!

theknot.com is not a wedding planning website, it is a wedding GUILT website! And I am completely addicted.

Now, I have to go spend an hour on the elliptcal -- I have been eating like a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment